6 Injured, Houses Burnt In Herders-Farmers Clash In FCT
Six persons sustained serious injuries, while three mud houses were burnt in a clash that ensued between some farmers and herders in Kwali Area Council in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
One among the six injured victims, identified as Usman Sheshi, lost his right limb during the clash.
A witness, who simply identified himself as Gabriel, said the incident happened around 3:00pm on Tuesday, after some herders allegedly grazed their cows on a guinea corn farm in the area.
According to him, the farmers after discovering the cows inside the farm immediately approached the herders, demanding to know why they were grazing on their farm, a situation which, he said, led to the misunderstanding and subsequent fighting.
He said it was in the process that other farmers inside the farm immediately alerted the town about the incident, which he said resulted in a reprisal attack that left six persons injured.
Youths in Kwali, in reaction to the incident, set up a bonfire on the Abuja-Lokoja highway, causing gridlock.
It was also observed that security agents that comprised the police and army were immediately deployed to the scene to calm the situation.
When contacted, the spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Maryam Yusuf, confirmed the incident, saying normalcy has since been restored to the area.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission