“The Protesters Didn’t Ask For War, Just For A Better Nigeria” – Chelsea Football Star, Antonio Rüdiger Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Massacre
Chelsea defender, Antonio Rüdiger has reacted to the Lekki tollgate gun attack after peaceful #EndSARS protesters were allegedly killed on Tuesday night, October 20.
In his tweets, the German International said he’s shocked how the situation got out of control after putting out a statement last week condemning police brutality in Nigeria.
The center-back also stated that the situation in Nigeria has nothing to do with democracy as he noted that it’s more like a military rule which he says is a violation of human rights at the highest order.
The defender wrote:
After my short statement about Nigeria already last week I’m now even more shocked about how the situation there has got more and more out of control. This saddens me so much. This has absolutely nothing to do with democracy.
It is more like a military rule and it’s a violation of human rights at the highest order. President@mbuhari and the Nigerian Army, stop killing peaceful young protesters. Stop killing the people you are supposed to protect.
The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria. #EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeria #EndSARS
- ●Manchester United Star Marcus Rashford, Breaks Up (Read Details)
- ●Edinson Cavani finally signs one-year contract extension with Manchester United
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●“The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria” – Chelsea football star, Antonio Rüdiger reacts to Lekki tollgate massacre
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United